Creating an Opt-in List using Automation
Let’s say you wanted to automatically sign customers up to ongoing updates about an upcoming product launch. You can create an automation to automatically assign customers to a designated contact group to which the updates are going to be sent.
Note: Before you set up this rule you must have already created a contact group to add the Opt-ins. We’ll use an example in this case called “Product Launch”
1. Go to Automation in the left-hand menu
2. Click on “New Account Automation”
3. Provide the following details:
- Automation name - e.g. Opt-in to launch
- Automation Description – e.g. “Automated opt-in to upcoming launch”
- Trigger – whether the trigger type is an inbound SMS or an inbound MMS
- Received by – this is where you can limit your automation to apply only to certain dedicated numbers (provided you have purchased at least one dedicated number from which to send campaigns)
- Keywords/Phrases - Define a keyword to trigger the action e.g. "Yes"
4. Click on “Add Action” to determine what Streetdata will do when the prescribed response is received. In this case, we want to add contacts to our “Product Launch” group:
Select “Add to Group”
- Select the relevant contact group (in this example we will use a group called "Product Launch"):
Click on “Save Action” in the bottom right
The action will then appear in the Automation detail. From here, you can add additional actions to this automation if desired.
5. Click “Save & Launch Automation” if you want the automation to start running right away:
You will now see your new automation appear in the "My Automations" list. By clicking on the three dots on the right you will open a drop-down where you can de-activate and re-activate the automation as you like, or delete it if required: