JANUARY 2020 - Open / Closed Messages in the Inbox
Addition of "Closed" Message partition in the Inbox
- Addition of a new "Closed" bucket, to appear alongside the inbox as a second tab
How to use it:
When viewing any conversation in your inbox, a new option will appear in the top right of the window next to the "Unsubscribe" button, called "Close." This will mark this conversation as "Closed" and move it out of the inbox. To view Closed conversations, simply click the "Closed" option next to the inbox header and a list of all closed conversations will appear.
To re-open a closed conversation, simply select it from the list of closed conversations to view it, and click on the "Open" option which now appears next to the "Unsubscribe" option in the top right of the conversation window.
Points to note:
- Customers can still reply to a closed conversation
- If this happens, the conversation will automatically be re-opened and will move back into the inbox
- It is also possible to send messages in a Closed conversation - again, doing so will re-open the conversation
- Be careful to ensure that users do not confuse the "Close" button as a way of simply closing the conversation window! Remind them that clicking this button will move the conversation to the "Closed" bucket
- If you are searching for a conversation in the inbox and cannot find it, check the Closed bucket
Why have we done this?
Being able to close conversations helps to keep inboxes clean and current, making it easier to manage your customer interactions.